DSI : News – Fresh Data Archive ArticleBy
We normally don’t link to self-promotional articles, but this one is such a great compendium of the basics of data hygiene and better data quality, we’ll bend the rule. In any event, the company is one of our members. Seven fundamental steps to better data:
1. Avoid garbage in at the lead generation point.
2. Update file regularly
3. Eliminate internal data silos.
4. Not all data is equal. Learn which aren’t.
5. Use suppression lists. Save your reputation, and avoid expensive legal fees.
6. Comply with privacy laws.
7. Utilize a database platform.
And an extra step we are adding: Download, print, and hand out to everyone in the data path in your company.